Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: June 1, 2020
- Customer agrees to use all BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen rental products (tablecloths, napkins, chair covers, chair backs, chair ties, napkin rings, chargers, runners, spandex, laundry bags, also known as “rental property”) in a careful and proper manner, and ship back all BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen rental property the first business day after the event has taken place except as may be otherwise specified in this Agreement, or be subjected to extended rental fees. Customer agrees to assume all risk of loss, damage and abuse to rental property from any cause whatsoever and pay replacement costs.
- Customer acknowledges that the rental property is of a size, design and quantity selected by Customer and that BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen have not made and do not make any representation, warranty, or covenant, express or implied, with respect to the condition, quality, durability or suitability of the rental property. BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen shall not be liable to Customer for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by the rental property or rental service, by any inadequacy thereof, or defects therein. Any liability of BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen shall be limited to the rental cost.
- The terms and conditions herein shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and any legal actions shall be brought by the customer in the County of Cook, State of Illinois. Customer acknowledges that all the provisions of this agreement have been read, including the terms and conditions, and customer agrees to be bound thereto.
- Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen against any claim, action, damages, and liability including reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs arising in connection with Customer’s use and possession of BBJ’s and/or La Tavola’s rental property or Customer’s use of BBJ’s and/or La Tavola’s rental service.
- In the event rental property is not shipped back the first business day after the event unless otherwise contained in this agreement_ and/or returned in a torn, burned or otherwise damaged condition. Customer shall be responsible for the replacement cost as indicated on the BBJ and La Tavola Linen Rental Agreement in addition to any applicable extended rental fees. These charges will be added to the original rental charges and the Customer agrees to pay these charges upon receipt of the replacement billing. Credit card customers authorize BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen to charge their credit card on file for all losses and damages incurred.
- All rental property is counted and inspected by BBJ Linen and/or La Tavola Linen at the warehouse upon return using state-of-the-art electronic systems and the resulting counts are final. BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen retain ownership of damaged linen and the payment of replacement charges is not a purchase by Customer of the damaged rental property.
- All rental property held beyond the agreed upon period indicated on the rental contract may be subject to extended rental fees.
- Customer shall not return the rental property to any entity or person other than employees of BBJ Linen, La Tavola Linen or a freight carrier acting on behalf of BBJ Linen and/or La Tavola Linen, and Customer will require reasonable identification from such entity or person before surrendering possession.
- Customer will be responsible for all costs incurred by BBJ Linen and/or La Tavola Linen due to Customer’s ordering errors including, but not limited to, incorrect date of usage, color, quantity, sizes or duplicate orders.
- Changes to orders can be made at any time before 12:00 noon CST on the Deadline Date. Except for full cancelations pursuant to Paragraph 11, reductions after that time will not be permitted, as the entire order will have been packed and loaded for shipment. Additions after the Deadline Date will be sent as an add-on to the original order and may arrive as a separate shipment or delivery. If the additional order requires expedited shipping, additional charges may be incurred.
- Orders can be canceled in full without charge before the Deadline Date. Orders canceled in full after that time will be subject to full rental charges unless the full order never left the warehouse or is returned to BBJ Linen and/or La Tavola Linen immediately upon delivery and in its original and unopened packaging, in which case the Customer will be charged a 45% restocking fee. Custom orders cannot be canceled or credited at any time.
- Orders returned partially clean will not be eligible for any credit and will be subject to full rental charges.
- BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen shall be excused from instances involving any delay in performance or non-performance of any of its obligations hereunder caused by “Force Majeure”, which are any circumstances beyond its control, including without limitation any act of God, weather, fire, flood, accident, war, civil unrest or disruption to the extent that any such circumstances affect BBJ’s ability to perform its obligations under this Agreement.
- Prices and availability are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
- BBJ Linen and La Tavola Linen Strike and Pickup Services help to reduce linen losses. However, it does not ensure that all linen will be found by the BBJ Linen or La Tavola Linen Strike and Pickup crews and therefore is not a guarantee that the Customer will not be billed for replacements on the unrecovered lost linen nor damaged linen.
- Customer agrees that they are responsible for inspection of any orders including chargers upon receipt, and any discrepancies in shortages, colors, counts or breakage should be communicated to BBJ Linen or La Tavola Linen prior to the event date with photo documentation and noted by the Customer on the Bill of Lading (BOL). Once the BOL is signed, the customer is responsible for the entire order as noted on the BOL unless said discrepancies are noted on the BOL by the Customer upon receipt.
- Customer is responsible for properly repacking all chargers into boxes clean of food and residue, and chargers must be dry prior to being repacked. For palletized orders, the Customer agrees to put the packed boxes back on the pallet and shrink wrap the pallet. Customer agrees to refer to and follow the Return Instructions that are included in the shipment. Customer will be charged replacement costs for boxes and chargers that are lost and/or received broken and damaged due to failure to adhere to provided Return Instructions.